Christmas: A Day of Divine Visitation
Bible Reading: Luke 2:4-20
“4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.” Luke 2:4-20
Generally, I greet you with “Happy Christmas”. There is a time for everything under heaven, Christmas is another special day in the history of mankind when the Saviour of the world came to this world. It’s a remarkable day that all of us should be always celebrate to appreciate God and glorify His holy name for giving us Jesus Christ to come, suffer, die and resurrected for us to be saved and lives forever in the Kingdom of God.
Our focus in this wonderful message is the divine visitation during the birth of Jesus Christ. I believe that there are numerous people today that needs divine visitation which can lead to salvation, freedom, fruitfulness and restoration. Remember, the coming of Jesus Christ to this sinful world is not planned by man, but ordained and established by God.
What Happened on the Day Jesus Was Born?
According to our Bible reading [Luke 2:1-20], there is something glorious that happened which I called “Divine Visitation.” It is noted that the Shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night, and suddenly, the Angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them – Luke 2:8-9. What a glorious visitation!
- Firstly, these Shepherds are not expecting such visitation.
- Secondly, they were afraid of such visitation. Luke 2:8
- Thirdly, the Angel told them not to be afraid. Luke 2:9
- Fourthly, the Angel announced Goodnews to the Shepherds. That’s the Shepherds heard the Goodnews they have NOT heard before. Luke 2:10
- Fifthly, the Angel told them where the Saviour of the world was born – the miracle Baby – Luke 2:11
- Sixthly, the Shepherd saw the new miracle Baby. Luke 2:15-17
- Seventhly, people glorify God with them. Luke 2:18
What You Must Be Expecting as You’re Celebrating Christmas?
Expecting the unexpected visitor. Beloved, as you are celebrating this Christmas, it is possible that you may not be expecting anything like these Shepherds, but they suddenly received divine visitation and Goodnews. I’m telling you that, before this year come to end, you will receive an August visitation that will change your story. A divine visit that will end your sorrow is coming to you now.
Expecting a Goodnews. The Goodnews that will terminate your sorrow, bitterness, anger, oppression, etc. It’s Goodnews that will heal you from that sickness and affliction you have been suffering from. The Goodnews that will announce you for greatness is already on the way to your house or to where you are. Mind you, if the host of heaven announces you, you are highly recognized worldwide.
Expecting an unexpected miracle. Our Lord Jesus Christ is a miraculous Son of God that came to this world in a miraculous way [Matthew 1:18-21]. There are miracles that are special because it only happens once and to some people. It’s a miracle that only happens for a special purpose. Such a miracle is not common, and you are receiving such a miracle today in the name of Jesus Christ.
What Will Happen if God visits you now?
Firstly, His glory will shine around you. This divine visitation caused the glory of God to shine around them so also it will happen to you. Luke 2:9
Secondly, it will end your challenges. The challenge on how to be free from the power of sin is what the entire world is confronted with when the Angel came with the Goodnews of Jesus Christ. Matthew 1:21. The greatest challenge that may be confronting you is the power of sin. And Jesus Christ already paid the price through His Birth, Death and Resurrection.
Thirdly, you will receive an uncommon miracle that will silence your enemies, end your sorrow and open the door of new things unto you.
Fourthly, your story will change. You have been on the list of old stories teller, when God visit you, the story will change and people will celebrate with you.
Lastly, restoration. Divine visitation during Christmas leads to restoration. People are restoring back to God through the Birth, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. What are those good things you have lost, God will restore them back to you?
What Can You Do Now?
There are things that God is expecting from you during this season of Christmas which includes;
- Determination and decision to see and experience God’s miracle through Jesus Christ. Colossians 3:1
- To abandon anything that can hinder you to walk with God. The Shepherds abandon their work and visited Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus Christ, said: “And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake, will receive a hundred times more and will be given eternal life.” Matthew 19:29 GNB.
- Seek Jesus Christ wholeheartedly. The Shepherds seek Jesus and the found Him – Luke 2;16. If you seek Jesus Christ, you will find Him – Jeremiah 29:13. The Lord says, “Seek me and live”. Amos 5:4
- Proclaiming Jesus Christ to others. Luke 2:17. Jesus Christ is expecting you to proclaim Him to others. He commanded all of us to preach the Gospel – the Goodnews to every creation – Mark 16:15
- Finally, seek the Lord Jesus Christ today so that He can wipe away your tears and restore you into His family. Isaiah 55:6.
Christmas Prayer Bombs.
- Father, I confess all my sins unto you, forgive me and wash me clean with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
- Father, give me the heart and mind to seek you wholeheartedly, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I need your presence in my family, visit me in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the August visitors today in the name of Jesus.
- The Goodnews that will end my sorrow, I receive it in the name of Jesus.
- Father, connected me with my benefactors in the name of Jesus.
- Father, announced my greatness today in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the uncommon miracle that will end my old story in the name of Jesus.
- Every door of impossibility set against me, be destroyed today in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the angel of my blessings locate me in the name of Jesus.
- I break every satanic protocol against my financial breakthrough in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the glory of God upon my life in the name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, I will receive the favour of God during this Christmas season in the name of Jesus.
- Every promise written concern me in the book of God shall come to pass in the name of Jesus.
- Any obstacle against my success is removed today in the name of Jesus.
- Every mark of failure in my life, be removed by the blood of Jesus.
- Father, grant unto me the sufficient grace to follow you in righteousness and holiness, in the name of Jesus.