Prayers To Silence The Storm Of Life
Bible Reading: Matthew 8:23-27
23 Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him.
24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep.
25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” 26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.
27 So the men marvelled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?” Matthew 8:23-27
A storm is a daily thing that occurs to people in diverse ways. Nobody is exempt from the storm of life; it only happens at a different time at a different location. Christians don’t exempt from the storm of life. That’s, having Jesus in your life does not exempt you from experiencing the storm of life, you only have the assurance of overcoming through Christ. in John 16:33, our Lord Jesus Christ emphasized that “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
When a storm breaks in, the situation will change, diver things happening, even all the light items will be blown away. Everybody involved will be confused, and things will be disorganized. There will be subdivisions everywhere, mourning and complaints may be the order of the day. In many cases, a storm can result in loss of properties, lives, damages, as well as affliction.
However, no matter how long or serious the storm may be, our Lord Jesus Christ assure us of victory as long as we handle it Biblically with the help of the Holy Spirit. Every child of God must understand that:
- A storm is a part of things we must be expected and experience in our business, marriage, ministry, academics, etc.
- It has a beginning, and surely it has ended.
- The storm occurs for a purpose and a reason.
- A child of God is not destiny to die in the storm.
- You cannot overcome your storm without Jesus Christ.
- It’s highly possible to make success in the storm if it is rightly handled.
There is no doubt that life can get tough fast, but you need to keep the word of God and rely on it for survival. You must know and understand that, even when life is tough, with Christ living within you, you are so much harder.
As this year is coming to end, it seems that the situation is crowded with you at times. Sometimes, people around and far away make things worse, and unbearable for you. Life is asking more of you than you have to give, but mind you Jesus is ready to help you overcome. As followers of Jesus Christ, God has given us power over every difficult situation. You should not surrender yourself to storm or lose hope in God. Storm comes, and it will go. Everything is under the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is no reason to fear because you’re destined to overcome every storm.
- Christ is by your side and allows Him to step into your storm. Matthew 11:28, Matthew 28:20.
- Learn to depend on Jesus Christ and never forsake Him.
- Believe that you are destiny to overcome any storm of life at any time.
- Don’t embrace fear and never tolerate negative advice.
Always remember the promises of God such as:
- Isaiah 43:1-2 ESV. “But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”
- Isaiah 54:10 “For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.” Isaiah 54:10
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 ESV
- Lamentations 3:21-24 “But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3:21-24
- Psalm 30:5 “For his anger is but for a moment, and his favour is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.” Psalm 30:5 ESV
- And the Psalmist says: “You have caused men to ride over our head; we went through fire and through water, but you brought us out to rich fulfilment”. Psalms 66:12
Prayers To Silence The Storm Of Life:
- Father, I hand over my life and my storm unto you today, in Your mercy handle it for me in the name of Jesus.
- Father, baptise me with the Holy Ghost fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the anointing for greatness fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every seed of storm in my life, be uprooted by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm of my life, be silent in the name of Jesus.
- Every force behind the storm of life, be silent in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of the storm in my life, be broken by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I break the mark of failure attached with my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm that I inherited from my parent, I command it to be still in the name of Jesus.
- Every barrier of failure at the end of a breakthrough, be scattered by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power that blocks my success, you are a liar, be scattered by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- The storm of a marriage proposal in my life, scattered by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the storm in my marriage to still and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the storm in my business to still and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the storm in my studies to still and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the storm against my finances to still and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm of barrenness in my marriage, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm of disappointment in my family, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm of no success in my marriage, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every storm of sickness in my family, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the bondage of storm, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, wipe away my sorrow and give me unlimited joy, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the affliction of the storm, in the name of Jesus.
- The storm of finances, I commanded you, vomit my money now, in the name of Jesus.
- The storm of marriage, I commanded you now, vomit my spouse, in the name of Jesus.