Possessing the power of righteousness
Bible Reading: Psalm 1
“1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.”
The Bible affirmed that “Righteousness exalt a nation.” The power for living right with God has been lost in many Christians. And that’s why unrighteousness has takeover of many homes, communities and nations.
Righteousness is the quality or state of being morally correct and justifiable. It can be considered being upright. Our walking in the ways of God and being committed to His will and standards are the essential key to our righteousness.
“The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16
The one way of being sure that you are being righteous is by putting God first in your life before anything else or you do, and listening and obedience to anything that the Holy Bible tells you to do as well as the voice of the Lord God.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, righteousness allows us to share the nature of Christ. The righteousness we inherited in Christ Jesus assist us to become the person God intended us to be in His master plan.
“And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever. And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;” Isaiah 32:17-18
Our journey in this world to eternity in heaven with God can be achievable when we allow the Holy Spirit to dominate and take total control of our lives and everything we do. No man or woman can claim to be righteous without being cleansed from his or her sins through the blood of Jesus Christ, having faith in Him and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
We are accepted and treated as righteous before God on account of the work on the Cross done by Jesus Christ through His death.
“He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” Titus 3:5.
Possessing the power of righteousness prayers are the most needful prayers for every Christian to live a righteous life and fulfil the purpose of God spiritually.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.” Matthew 5:6
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
There are factors that wars against our righteous living which can only be conquered through fasting and fervent prayers. Samson was unable to live a righteous life with God because of his laziness in prayer and lust for immortality. He was a man that could not hold his appetite for fornication as well as pursuing women around. Judges 15:1-ff, 16:1ff.
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Finally, beloved, it is your daily duty to pursue righteousness, seek first God in your doing, meditate and study your Bible daily, praying and fasting, asking for the wisdom of God, and make positive efforts to walk in the Spirit which can be achieved through the leading of the Holy Spirit. Don’t give up, it has a fruitful end!
Possessing the power of righteousness prayers
- Father, I surrender my life unto you today, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, cleanse me with the blood of Jesus Christ.
- By the authority in the power of resurrection, I break the yoke of unrighteousness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, release upon me the power of righteousness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, baptize me with the Holy Ghost in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of sinful desire in my life jumps out by the fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father, teach me to walk in Your righteous ways as I study Your word, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, sufficient grace to live a righteous life, grant unto me in the name of Jesus.
- Any arrow of unrighteousness in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
- Father, clothed me in Christ’s righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
- Any arrow of evil desire in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
- Any arrow of fornication or adultery in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
- Any inherited curse of unrighteousness in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I terminate every seed of unrighteousness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I’m delivered from the bondage of unrighteousness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every altar of unrighteousness in my life, be broken by the blood of Jesus.
- Father, teach me to live a life of rightness and correct thinking, feeling, and acting in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, teach me to live a life profitable unto you in the name of Jesus.
- Any satanic program against my righteousness, be scattered by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Any demolishing plan against my righteousness and marriage, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give unto me the nature of Your righteousness in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, embedded in me with your power of righteousness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, teach me to become a more perfect reflection of Your character, in the name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, I possess the spirit of righteousness, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- By the grace of God, my hunger and thirst for righteousness never grow dull or be quenched, in the name of Jesus.