DELIVERANCE PRAYERS FROM THE SPIRIT OF STUBBORNNESS
Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 15:19-23
“19 Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the LORD, but didst fly upon the spoil and didst evil in the sight of the LORD?
20 And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the LORD, and have gone the way which the LORD sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.
21 But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the LORD thy God in Gilgal.
22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.” 1 Samuel 15:19-23
Deliverance Prayers from the Spirit of Stubbornness is one of the essential prayers in this present generation. There is no doubt that the spirit of stubbornness had takeover the attitudes of many youth and adults in this generation. And there is an urgent need to save our youths from this terrible spirit most especially among the Christians. If you are one of the parents that his or her child is stubborn here are the prayers to deliver him or her. If your husband or wife possess the spirit of stubbornness, you are in the right place.
Stubbornness is defined as “dogged determination not to change one’s attitude or position on something.” Stubbornness is in the class of iniquity and Idolatry, 1st Samuel 15:23, and stone to death is the judgment of God against the stubborn person. Deuteronomy 21:18-21.
“If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.” Deuteronomy 21:18-21.
Who is a Stubborn Person?
- A stubborn person is one who refuses to change his/her mind about a decision that they have made.
- A stubborn person doesn’t fear any outcome of their actions.
- A Stubborn person has a resolute adherence to his/her own ideas and opinion.
- A stubborn person is one who often refuses to change his/her opinion about something he has decided on.
- A stubborn person seems wise in his/her own eyes.
- A stubborn person never changes his or her mind on the action he/she has concluded against someone no matter how much you try to persuade him/her without thinking about the consequence of the actions.
- The spirit of stubbornness has no regard for good things and anyone.
- A stubborn person has the “No I won’t, and you can’t make me” attitude.
- The people of Israel have a stubborn spirit.
“And it came to pass, when the judge was dead, that they returned, and corrupted themselves more than their fathers, in following other gods to serve them, and to bow down unto them; they ceased not from their own doings, nor from their stubborn way.” Judges 2:19
- A stubborn person is wicked because he/she doesn’t care if anyone is hurting or damage by their decision or actions. They are not concern about the warfare or peace of others. They act base on their opinion either good or bad.
The spirit of stubbornness is a thief, killer and destroyer [John 10:10a]. It can steal your blessing, kill your glory, and destroy your future if you are not delivered from it. Many destinies have been ruined by the spirit of stubbornness while many glories have been aborted. Uncountable marriages have been scattered while many homes have been apart as a result of the stubbornness of the husband or the wife.
The Signs of stubbornness
There are many signs that prove one stubbornness which are:
- Refuse to change. Stubborn people find it difficult to adapt to change even despite evidence and proof for changes. If despite all evidence that shows that change is important to take place and you refuse to change, then you are a candidate of stubbornness, and you must work against it now.
- Reluctant and have no change of mind. If you never change your mind over anything and everything, despite the pleading and counselling especially in the face of superior proof and shreds of evidence, generally, you are a stubborn person and people must avoid you.
- A stubborn person resists learning anything new. If you are a person not ready to learn and always attack those willing to learn, you have a habit of stubbornness.
- Always disobeying. “Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backwards and not forward.” Jeremiah 7:24
If you’re addicted to disobeying God and your authority, you are a stubborn person.
“But they, our fathers, acted arrogantly; They became stubborn and would not listen to Your commandments.” Nehemiah 9:16
- Arguing about everything. If you’re a person having an attitude of arguing about everything and all things. There is a spirit of stubbornness in you, and you need deliverance.
- A stubborn person always resists the truth. “As for the message that you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord, we are not going to listen to you!” Jeremiah 44:16
- They also resist the Holy Spirit. “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.” Acts 7:51
- Not see wrong things in all your doing. If you find it difficult to admit when you are wrong that you are wrong, surely there is a spirit of stubbornness in you, and you must fight against it.
- Missing opportunities. A stubborn person misses opportunities to grow and change.
- Always feel Arrogant. If you are too proud and nobody is something to you, definitely you have a stubborn spirit, and you must kill it now.
“But they refused to pay attention and turned a stubborn shoulder and stopped their ears from hearing. They made their hearts like flint so that they could not hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets; therefore, great wrath came from the Lord of hosts.” Zechariah 7:11-12
- Avoiding others opinions. If you are in the habit of avoiding any information that contradicts your opinion or ideas, there is no doubt, you have stubbornness’ spirit.
God is not happy with your stubbornness, but He wants your change and repentance.
“Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, today if ye will hear his voice, Harden, not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart, and they have not known my ways. So I swear in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.” Hebrews 3:7-12
Beloved, if you are sincere and think very well, you will realize that it is your stubbornness that leads you to where you are today, and you are reaping the consequences now. Don’t deceive yourself anymore, come back to Jesus Christ, the Alpha and Omega, the only Saviour of your soul. He will deliver you from this terrible spirit of stubbornness and give you a new heart and a new mind. Matthew 11:28
Deliverance Prayers from the Spirit of Stubbornness
- Father, I come unto you for the cleansing and purification, wash me clean with the precious blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, evacuate every seed of stubbornness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any head of marine power fashioned against me be broken, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, every seed of stubbornness in my life, be uprooted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, send Holy Angels to encamp around me with fire, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire by force, I possess the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your supernatural angelic protection cover me in the spiritual warfare in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the spirit of stubbornness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, heal me from the spirit of stubbornness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, set me free and heal me completely from the chain of stubbornness in the name of Jesus.
- By fire by thunder, I break the yoke of stubbornness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of stubbornness in my marriage, die, die, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil trend of stubbornness that is directing my affairs be reversed and die by fire in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I cancel every negative utterance causing stubbornness in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Every attitude and action of stubbornness in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any spirit of stubbornness assigned to kill my destiny, your time is over, die, die, die in the name of Jesus.
- Let every financial failure in my life receive termination, in the name of Jesus.
- Every force of darkness fueling stubbornness into my life, consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every architect of stubbornness receives termination, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I refuse to reap any satanic harvest in any area of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I paralyse all spiritual wolves working against my life, in the name of Jesus.
- The spirit of stubbornness that hinders me from greatness, begin to give way now, in the name of Jesus.
- The spirit of stubbornness that caused backwardness in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
- The spirit of stubbornness that hinders my helpers to locate me, begin to give way now, in the name of Jesus.
- The spirit of stubbornness that imprisoned and buried my potentials, your time is over, die by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire and thunder, I command all unfriendly helpers in every area of my life to depart, in the name of Jesus.