Prayers to resist the devil
Bible Reading: Matthew 16: 18-19
“And I say also to you, that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. “
There is no doubt that Christians around the world are facing series of challenges within and outside. The enemies are always attacking the Body of Christ because of no reason. Moreover, our Lord Jesus Christ had promised us that no kingdom of darkness will overcome the Christians. Our focus on today devotional prayer bombs is a prayer against the enemies of Christians. Satan and his agents are the enemies of the Body of Christ and we are commanded to fight against him.
“…Resist the devil, and he flees from you” James 4:7
Why will resistance cause the devil to flee? Because he knows he cannot have victory over us if we are prepared to do battle against him. It is my joy to see the devil flee from us, however, he cannot flee from us when we allow sin to dominate us.
How can we resist the devil?
To resist means to withstand, strive against, or oppose in some manner. Resistance can be a defensive manoeuvre on our part, such as resisting or withstanding the temptation to sin.
Firstly, Submit unto God. To resist the devil started with our submission to the Almighty God as stated in James 4:7
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
God is expecting us to be under His authority, defence, and power. No wisdom or power of your own can defeat the devil and his strategies. Lives and walking with God is our responsibility as a child of God to overcome the devil at any time.
Secondly, Draw near unto God. James 4:8
“Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you”. You can’t resist the devil if you are not living in close fellowship and intimate communion with God.
Thirdly, Humble yourself before God and man. Humility is another key to defeat the devil while pride is the open door for the devil to defeat us. “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble” James. 4:6.
Remember, it is the pride that caused the downfall of the devil. Pride makes us vulnerable to Satan’s attacks. It’s the desire of the devil for us to be prideful. It is one of his chief weapons in his warfare against us. The Bible affirmed that; “Pride comes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall” Proverb 16:18.
Fourthly, Speak the Word of God against the devil. Matthew 4:4-7. The grandmaster of our weapon to resist the devil is the word of God. Jesus responded to the devil’s temptations by quoting the Word: “It is written … it is written … It is also written” (Matt. 4:4,5,7). The devil and his agents cannot withstand the authoritative word of God. Speak the word against the devil is the most needful thing at any troubled time.
Since our Lord Jesus Christ resisted Satan’s attacks with Scripture, we also should meet the tempter’s attacks on the same basis.
“Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:9-11
Lastly, fervent and violent prayers. The power of prayer is the backbone of every action against the devil. A praying church is a dangerous challenge to the devil and his cohorts. The devil cannot and will never overcome the praying church. Beloved if you lost everything, make sure you did not lose the power and zealous for prayers.
Prayers to resist the devil
Start these prayers with praises and worship. Sing diverse songs that can bring down the presence of God.
- LORD, we thank you for your mercies upon the entire Body of Christ in Jesus name.
- Father, create in us a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, show us how to seek your kingdom first in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of revival falls upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of revival and great awakening, fall upon the Body of Christ this year in the name of Jesus.
- The fire of the Holy Ghost, fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, baptise me with the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- Every doctrine of demons infiltrating the Church, be exposed and be disgraced in the name of Jesus.
- Father, prepare us to preach your undiluted word, in season and out of season in Jesus name.
- Father, arise and defend your Church from every satanic onslaught this year in Jesus name.
- By fire by thunder, I pull down every structure erected by the sons of Sodom against the Church by fire in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I come against every satanic take-over of the pulpit in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Every plan of the devil against the spreading of the gospel in this city [mention the name], be scattered by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every organized assault against the Body of Christ receive instant judgement from the LORD in Jesus name.
- By the blood of Jesus, I cancel every enchantment and divination against the ministers of the Gospel in Jesus name.
- Every marine agent assigned to bring down the true ministers of the Gospel this year, receive open disgrace and defeat in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your wind of revival begin to blow across the churches worldwide in the name of Jesus.
- Father, prepare us and send down revival into our churches, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Our Father and our Lord, be unto the church like a wall of fire roundabout and the glory in her midst in Jesus name.
- Every power assigned to scatter the Church of Jesus Christ, be scattered unto desolation in Jesus name.
- My Father and my LORD ordain terrifying noises against the enemies of the Gospel in Jesus name.
- Every agenda of the devil against the church this year, be scattered by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil altar against the Body of Christ, be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit wakes up the Church from spiritual slumber in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let not the cares of this world choke or kill your word in our lives in Jesus name.
- Evil birds assigned to steal the word of God from our hearts, crash and burn to ashes in Jesus name.
- Every negative household covenant affecting the destinies of people in this local church, break by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil altar speaking against the expansion of the gospel in this environment, be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
- Any visible and invisible arrow of wickedness attacking the destinies of Christians in this town or village or city [mention them] scatter in the name of Jesus.
- Every agent of darkness operating evil covenant against the Christians, be arrested by fire in the name of Jesus.
- My calling comes out from every evil family prison, holding you down from fulfilling destiny in the name of Jesus.
- LORD thank you for answering our prayers.