Prayer Against Persistent Problem
Overcoming Persistent Enemy
BIBLE READING: Luke 4:13
“And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from Him for a season.” Luke 4:13
There is a persistent problem of war against the children of God today. Many marriages are facing persistent problems and that is why they thought God has abandoned them. Every persistent problem is originated from a persistent enemy.
Satan is a very persistent being. He is the only persistent enemy bringing persistent problem, predicament, affliction, infirmities, sickness, failure, barrenness, sadness, disappointment, trouble, debt, sudden death, tormenting, hardship, destitution, etc. upon the people of God. John 10:10a
In the temptation of the Lord Jesus Christ, it was recorded that Satan left the Lord only for a season. Every child of God must take note of this truth – that Satan is a persistent enemy that brings persistent problems. Any time you are dealing with a spiritual attack, you must be aware of this nature of persistence. You must counteract it with an even more persistent determination to be free.
At the beginning of Jesus earthly ministry, Satan asked Jesus to bow down and worship him so that he would give Him the whole world. In order words, Jesus was tempted in the wilderness to take a shortcut to His ministry. Satan tricked Him as he did to Eve in the Garden of Eden. Genesis 3:1-ff. However, Jesus was not hesitating in rebuking Satan for his trick and evil agenda.
“And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterwards hungered. And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it is made bread. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. And the devil, taking him ups into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever, I will I give it. If thou, therefore, wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands, they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.” Luke 4:1-13
Meanwhile, it is a must for Jesus Christ to suffer and die in order to conquer the power of sin that caused humanity to be an enemy of God. Satan introduced a quick way to win the whole world, instead of having to suffer. Some years later, Satan came through Peter and opposed the idea of suffering on the cross. Jesus once again rebukes Satan that spoke through Peter.
“From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest, not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” Matthew 16:21-23
Jesus defeated Satan that spoke through Peter because He (Jesus) knew Satan as a persistent enemy. He never tolerates him for a while! That is exactly the action we should take as the children of God. Never tolerate satanic tricks and strategies.
Even later, there is another suggestion given to Jesus: Pontius Pilate asked Jesus, “Do you not know that I have the ability to set you free?” Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? Knowest thou not that I have the power to crucify thee, and have the power to release thee? John 19:10
It was another suggestion that Jesus could avoid death on the cross. But Jesus knew that the persistent enemy is at work. He answered: “Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it was given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.” John 19:11
At the last minutes, while Christ was on the cross, men wagged their heads and suggested that He came down from the cross to prove that He is the Son of God.
“Likewise, also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save. Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.” Mark 15:31-32
All these are suggestions from Satan, the persistent enemy! Satan never gave up until Jesus died. He never gave up until Jesus fulfilled the purpose of God. Satan is never far away from Jesus as many thinks. He always looks for an opportunity to carry out his tricks against the children of God. That is why as Christians we should not carry away with worldly affairs. We must be alert and watchful all the time!
Let this be in your mind, we are dealing with a persistent enemy, and Satan will never give up, but we can resist him and set him away from our domain [James 4:7]. You may be thirty or forty or fifty or seventy years old but he may still try to deceive you. He never tires of packaging his tricks. His agents are at work around the world every second.
A writer said: “Satan has been relentless and unyielding in his onslaught. He shamelessly returns with the same problem after a season of respite. Sometimes he gives the problem a new look but it is the same problem repackaged and represented.”
Beloved, no matter how clever is Satan and his agents, our faithful God has given us the persistence of a mountain goat, the eye of an eagle, the heart of a lion, the endurance of a camel, the strength of a horse and the steadfastness of a shark! We are victorious through the Word of God and the Blood of His Son Jesus Christ. We are more than able to resist the onslaught of the devil.
Dear friend, don’t let the persistent nature of problems discourage you. Never allow the persistence of your circumstance to derail you from the way of God. You should by no means allow yourself to fall into Satan tricks! Always remember that persistence is the nature of the enemy we are dealing with.
How to overcome persistent enemy or problem?
- Keep on trust Jesus Christ, believe Him and worship Him always! He is your Redeemer and Saviour – John 3:16, Isaiah 41:14, 47:4, Galatians 3:13, Titus 2:14
- You must be persistent in fasting and prayer. Be constant in the study and meditating the word of God – Holy Bible. Stable in holy living! Joshua 1:8, Leviticus 11:44-15, 1Thessalonians 5:17-18
- Finally, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
Today is the day that God set aside to prevail over your enemy. It is the hour the heavenly Father has ordained to silence your calamity and buried your predicaments. Your trouble is over today!
PRAYER AGAINST PERSISTENCE ENEMY
- My Father and my Lord, I thank You for this message, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I confess all my sins unto you today, forgive and have mercy unto me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every seed of persistence enemy planted into my life be uprooted by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- I consume the shrine of the strongman war against my life, business, work, ministry and marriage with the fire of God in the name of Jesus.
- I smash the forces of persistent suffering with the fire and thunder of God in Jesus name.
- My Father and My Lord, deliver my marriage from the persistent barrenness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the covenant of persistent failure, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the covenant of persistent miscarriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the covenant of persistent debt and losses, in the name of Jesus.
- Every strongman behind persistent failure in my life, begin to destroy yourself in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy the altar of a persistent problem in my family with the thunder of God in the name of Jesus.
- Every persistent demon assigned to monitoring my career, your time is off, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every persistent satanic agent and associated spirits attached to my finances collapse by the thunder of God in the name of Jesus.
- Any persistent debt, I cancel you with the Blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus.
- Every persistent mark from the pity of Satan attached to my photo; credentials or curriculums vitae are terminated and remove with the Blood of Jesus.
- Every persistent voice announcing afflictions to my life consume and by the voice of God in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from all forms of persistent trick that swallow my blessing in the name of Jesus.
- I bind every persistent power militating against my marriage, business, work and ministry in the name of Jesus.
- Every force fueling continuous sadness into my marriage, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every force fueling continuous affliction into my marriage, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every force of darkness fueling continuous sickness into my marriage, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every force of darkness fueling continuous disunity into my family, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, release upon me the anointing that will break every yoke of persistence problem in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, release upon me the anointing that will break the agenda of persistence calamity in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I resist the work of satan in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I terminate the work of evil in my life, in the name of Jesus.