PRAYER AGAINST HINDRANCE TO PRAYERS
Bible Reading: Mark 11:23-26
“23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25 And when ye stand praying, forgive if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
I welcome you to another glorious day, and our focus today in daily devotional prayer bombs is a prayer against hindrance to prayers. There is no doubt that you may have come across some questions related to why my prayers are not answers? Have I prayed and pray even attended several mountains of prayers but no answers? Many prophets have prayed for me, even I have participated in seminars and prayer conferences, but all are not fruitful because I have not gotten answers to my prayers. All these and other related questions are common today. Getting answers to your prayer is the major focus of today’s prayer bombs.
Getting results for our prayers is one of the greatest mountains for Christians to climb. The reason most Christians fail to get positive results to their prayers is that they have not conquered the hindrances to prayers.
There are many hindrances to our prayers before our God, and we can only receive answers to our prayers after we have to deal with the hindrances and have victory over them. One of the hindrances to prayers is unforgiving. And that’s our focus now.
One of the lectures that our Lord Jesus Christ teach us on prayer is how unforgiving hinder prayers. Jesus said:
“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.” Mark 11:25-26
A sin which is also known as wrongdoing is a powerful force that stops prayers to reach God. There is a need for our sin to be forgiven so that our prayers can be answered. However, we are to forgive the fellow brothers and sisters that do wrong against us before God we forgive is us.
Many people are the enemy that hindering their prayers because they do not forgive others that sin against them. Jesus continues His teaching about how unforgiveness hinder our prayers:
“Therefore, if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there remembers that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.” Matthew 5:23-24
Unforgiven spirit is a spirit that does not allow you to receive positive answers to your prayers. Unforgiven is a hindrance that holds you down to a spot in life. You have been praying for a marriage breakthrough but no answer. You have been praying for a good job or promotion but no result? You have undergone series of fasting and night bathing so that get answers to your problems but no way? With all your human efforts to move forward in anything you do, you still find it difficult to progress in life. It is the unforgiven spirit that dominates your life that caused these in your life.
Kathi Norman said: “Failing to forgive, or unforgiveness, is the practice of engaging in ruminative thoughts of anger, vengeance, hate, and resentment that have unproductive outcomes for the ruminator, such as increased anxiety, depression, elevated blood pressure, vascular resistance, decreased immune response, and worse outcomes in your life”
Unforgiveness is a sin that causes bitterness in our life. The Bible warns about bitterness: “Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled” Hebrews 12:15.
If you are not repent now, it will continue to hinder answers to your prayers, even if thousand of prophets praying for you, it cannot work, because the unforgiven spirit on any human can make such an individual staying for years without any major breakthrough or advancement in life.
There is no way you will allow an unforgiven spirit to dominate your heart and expecting results to your prayers, it is just a waste of time. It is when you forgive, it’s then you will be receiving the grace of God and your prayers will be answered. It is mandatory for you to forget personal wrongs do to you either from your spouse, friends, boss, leaders, parents, colleague, associate, etc. anybody that having unforgiven spirit is a devil and such person cannot receive answers to prayers no matter how long or where such prayers are offered.
Beloved, a certainty of human relations is that others will irritate and offend you, but you should not allow such to build hindrances into your way. You are to ignoring the provocations and slights of others, you esteem them more important than yourself which is true love and friendliness. Doing such doesn’t make you a fool but rather make you a wise child of God that ready to receive the blessings of God.
“He who covers a transgression seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates friends” Proverbs 17:9
If truly you have forgiven spirit, you will never repeat a person’s failures or sins to others. The Bible says it is the foolish men backbite, tale-bear and gossip.
“A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealed the matter.” Proverbs 11:13
“Hatred stirred up strife: but love covered all sins.” Proverbs 10:12
Remember the advice of Jesus Christ in Matthew 5:25-26:
“Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.” Matthew 5:25-26
In the above verse of the Bible, your adversary is the person that offends you. Don’t allow him or her to deliver you to the judge because it is possible that the person does not know that he offended you. Or he or she may have repented and ask forgiveness in which God have to forgive him/her. But you are still holding the personal guilt for what he does to you.
One of the vital prayer points that our Lord Jesus taught us is forgiveness: “And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” Matthew 6:12
Moreso, the Bible affirmed that we should “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
“Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.” Colossians 3:13
You have been warned, “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamour and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.” Ephesians 4:31
At this juncture, you are to think about how you have been keeping yourself in bondage and hinder your prayers to be answered. Who has offended you and you vowed not to forgive him or her? I urge you in the name of Jesus Christ to call that person now and tell him or her that you have forgiven him. That’s the first step you must take now!
“Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” James 5:16
Prayer against hindrance to prayers
- Father, I thank You for this powerful insight message.
- My Father and my Lord, I confess all my sins unto You, the sin of unforgiven, have mercy unto me and forgive me in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I uproot the seed of unforgiven spirit in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, I come before you as a sinner; use the blood of Jesus to wash me clean, in the name of Jesus.
- Every sin that looks unforgivable to man, Oh Lord my God, have mercy and forgive me, in the name of Jesus.
- The unforgiven spirit in my life, die now, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the bondage of unforgiven spirit in the name of Jesus.
- The tree of unforgiven in my life, be uprooted by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every damage the unforgiven spirit has done in my heart, Father repair by Your grace in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I command the unforgiven spirit that hindered my spiritual growth to be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I command the unforgiven spirit that hindered my financial and career growth to die in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I command every satanic obstacle standing against the fulfilment of my destiny to be scattered by the fire of the Holy Ghost now, in the name of Jesus.
- Unforgiven spirit in my life, I am not your candidate, come out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- The unforgiveness arrow in my life comes out by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I break any covenant of unforgiveness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I pulldown every obstacle that I built against my success as a result of unforgiven, in the name of Jesus.
- Every track of unforgiven in my life, be removed by the blood of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the captivity of the unforgiven spirit in the name of Jesus.
- Everything I have lost as a result of unforgiven my fellow brothers, Father restored them back to me, in the name of Jesus.
- Everything I have lost as a result of unforgiven my fellow sisters, Father restored them back to me, in the name of Jesus.
- Everything I have lost as a result of unforgiven my parents, Father restored them back to me, in the name of Jesus.
- Everything I have lost as a result of unforgiven my boss, Father restored them back to me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every unforgiven spirit, using my mother or any relative against me die, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire by force, I jump out of the bondage of my mother, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit that did not allow my father to enjoy his marriage and is now troubling my life, leave my life alone in the name of Jesus.
- By the fire of the Holy Ghost, I’m delivered from the grip of an unforgiven spirit husband/wife in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from every inherited bondage of unforgiveness in the name of Jesus.
- Every power of unforgiveness and darkness that has conspired to put me to shame this year, scatter and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as from now, I forgive the people that do wrong against me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, don’t allow me to die in the bondage of unforgiveness, set me free today in the name of Jesus.