PRAYERS FOR DEALING WITH PEOPLE WHO BRING YOU DOWN
Prayers to Dealing with people higher than you
Bible Reading: Matthew 2:1-8
“1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come to a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.” Matthew 2:1-8
We are in a world where there are categories of people and powers that bring people down from their position, level, office, marriage, etc. Some powers and people are in high position just to oppress the people under them. Our focus is the people that are in a high position but only bring others down. Prayer for dealing with the people that bring you down. The people higher than you are the people see you as their enemies, obstacles and rival. They are the men and women that will not want you to reach their level. They are the people that see their position as the place that belongs to them only. They see your new level as an obstacle and an abomination. They are the people that can use their position to pull you down, use their power to keep you away from coming to their level.
King Herod during the birth of Jesus Christ is a biblical example of this kind of people. When he heard about the newborn baby Jesus, he was displeased and angry. He secretly decided to kill Jesus.
“And when they have come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.” Matthew 2:11-16
King Herod not only angry but decided to kill Jesus Christ. We thank God for His protection; He warned the wise men not to go back to Herod. Not only that, God also commanded Joseph and Mary to take Jesus into Egypt because of the evil plan that Herod has for Him.
“And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:”
Beloved, there is no doubt that force and powers are operating like Herod in your community, family and environment. There are not happy with your success and greatness. They are higher in evil powers, and never ready to allow you to become great. But our Lord is mighty than them, and He will disgrace them.
Haman is another example. He was in a position higher than Mordecai, but he was not happy with Mordecai. Hamman decided to kill Mordecai and his people, but God intervene and render Hamman’s plan useless, and the evil plan of Hamman was turned to him and his family.
“And when Haman saw that Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence, then was Haman full of wrath. And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shown him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.” Esther 3:5-6
Let me tell you these, the evil forces and powers higher than you in your office, village, family, or nation are wicked and always after their victims to be killed. There is the force that works against progress, success, blessing and promotion of people under or around them. Such powers don’t have mercy or repent from their wickedness. The language they understand and bow down for is the power of fervent and violent prayers in the name of Jesus Christ. They do not have regard or respect for anybody, they only surrender when death conquers them suddenly.
“And Esther said, The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman. Then Haman was afraid before the king and the queen.
And the king arising from the banquet of wine in his wrath went into the palace garden: and Haman stood up to request his life to Esther the queen; for he saw that there was evil determined against him by the king.
Then the king returned out of the palace garden into the place of the banquet of wine, and Haman was fallen upon the bed whereon Esther was. Then said the king, Will he force the queen also before me in the house? As the word went out of the king’s mouth, they covered Haman’s face.
And Harbonah, one of the chamberlains, said before the king, Behold also, the gallows fifty cubits high, which Haman had made for Mordecai, who had spoken good for the king, standeth in the house of Haman. Then the king said, Hang him thereon.
So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then was the king’s wrath pacified.” Esther 7:6-10
All the above examples [Herod and Hamman] are people in a high position but only oppress those under them as well as pulldown people, but they end their journey in sudden death. They did not repent of their wickedness, but through fervent and violent prayers, they were defeated.
This is the right time to know who you are and what you must do. The enemies are after your life, marriage, business, ministry and career. You can only defeat and overcome them through the power of fervent and violent prayers. Believe and accept Jesus Christ, and trust only in Him with your heart, soul and mind.
Remember, enemies, are not tired to fight against you. You too should not weary or tire to fight against them spiritually. “Resist the devil [enemy], and he will flee away from you”. James 4:7
Prayers for Dealing with people that bring you down
- I refuse to be discouraged by environment discouragers in the name of Jesus.
- Father, delivered me from the powers that rise against my success, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind the spirit of environmental discouragement in my life and marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- By the fire of God, any evil letter writing against me is consumed and burn to ashes in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil hand conspires against my position, be scattered by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the wicked men in the name of Jesus.
- Father, in your gracious mercy, deliver my business from the hands of the wicked in the name of Jesus.
- I break every evil environmental covenant that has brought discourage into my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every environment terror of the night that has brought discourage into my life to stop and move from my environment, in the name of Jesus.
- You spirit of environment that cause fear and discouragement, loose your hold upon my life and my family, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of Herod in my workplace, die in the name of Jesus.
- In the name of Jesus, I scattered any agenda of the enemy to bring me down.
- Every satanic agent assigned to fight against me, you are a liar, be arrested by the angel of destruction in the name of Jesus.
- By the fire of God, I scattered every strategy of Hamman to kill me or destroy my family in the name of Jesus.
- Father, swallow all the evil voices spoken against my destiny in the name of Jesus.
- I command all human agents around my house, place of work, business, school or ministry using the spirits of fear and discouragement to terrify me in the night to stumble and fall by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- The fear and terror of the unbelievers and the wicked people residing in my environment shall be silence by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- My tomorrow is blessed in Christ Jesus, therefore, the environmental spirit that is responsible for the fear and discouragement of tomorrow in my life, I bind you, in the name of Jesus.
- The source of my destiny is God the Almighty; therefore, my destiny is protected by the hand of God in the name of Jesus.
- Any of my promotion, receive disgrace in the name of Jesus.
- Any program organizes by the enemy to pull me down is terminated by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Any person using his or her position to oppress me, Father unseat him in the name of Jesus.
- All the seat of enemies assigned to trouble me shall be pulldown in the name of Jesus.
- My destiny is attached to God; therefore, I decree that I can never fail and be discouraged by my environment or any agents working in my environment, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I refuse to subject myself to the spirit of discouragement, in the name of Jesus.
- Every connection from the pity of hell that connected with my environment to hinder me from success and breakthrough, you are a liar, scatter by thunder of God in Jesus name
- Father connect me with my divine helpers in the name of Jesus.