Prayer against falling into sin
Bible Reading: Revelation 2:1-7
“1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast bore, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6 But this thou hast, that thou hates the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.” Revelation 2:1-7
The first and one of the saddest stories in the Bible is recorded in Genesis chapter 3. The saddest story of the fall of man. A man was created in God’s image and has freedom of choice as God. Man is free to make his own decisions. Both man and woman were lived in the Garden and differ of creatures such as animals, and many trees were in the Garden, but among these trees, there were two special trees, namely the tree of the “knowledge of good and evil” (Genesis 2:17), and the tree of life (Genesis 3:22).
God forbid the man and woman to eat the fruit of this tree. He did not want Adam to experience evil with all of its terrible results so He warned that eating the fruit of this tree would cause death. On the other hand, the tree of life is a special tree that was there as a solution to their disobedience but God did not reveal this secret to man and woman. If Adam and Eve had eaten of the fruit of that tree, they could have lived forever and never died.
Satan the number one enemy of God and enemy of man came to the Garden of Eden, and he first deceived Eve, then Adam. The man and woman disobeyed God and they were felled. The results of this fall of Adam and Eve into sin changed the whole world. The plants and animals were no longer easy to control. The man had to struggle for dominion over them. Animals turned wild and fierce and the earth brought forth weeds and thistles. Terrible changes in the weather came in the form of floods and similar disasters, plagues, suffering, and tragedies. All these are outcomes of disobeying God of the man and the woman.
Presently, our disobedience to God’s commandment and His will continue bringing differs of disasters, plagues, suffering, calamity, afflictions, failure, sickness, barrenness, and even sudden death and eternal doom upon humanity.
The sin caused a separation of man from God. The image of God that was to be reflected in man was spoiled. Because of sin, man lost his relationship and communication with God. However, God sent His begotten Son, Jesus Christ to died for our sins and pay for the remission of our sins as well as breaking the separation between man and God. John 3:16-18 but many refuse to accept this glorious gift of salvation.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
Beloved, Satan is your enemy and he did not want you to serve God. As he did to Eve in the Garden of Eden, disguised in the form of a serpent, and tempted them by making false promises, so also, he does now. Satan disguise and deceiving people with different things like money, beauty, fashion, wealth, position, power, worldliness, immorality, etc. Numerous men and women are fallen every day into the hands of Satan through his deceit. Many people are ignorant of the blessing of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way.” Isaiah 53:6
Jesus died for the sins of men so that…
…they should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them and rose again.” 2Corinthians 5:15
When you repent from these dead works of selfishness it means you acknowledge the existence of the one true God, realize you are a sinner, ask forgiveness of your sin, and accept God’s plan of salvation through Jesus Christ. Through belief in Jesus and repentance from sin, you can be reconciled with God and receive the gift of eternal life.
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen and repent and do the first works.” Revelation 2:5
“Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.” Revelation 2:16
“As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; Be zealous, therefore, and repent.” Revelation 3:19.
Wherever there is sin, there must be repentance
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:8-9
Prayer against falling into sin
- My Father and my Lord, I come to you today, have mercy unto me and accept me, in the name of Jesus.
- I confess all my sins unto you, in the name of Jesus.
- Every anti-repentant spirit in my life, I bind you and cast you out now, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, wash me clean with the blood of Jesus.
- Every seed of sin in my life, be uprooted by the blood of Jesus
- The anointing of rising and falling affecting my life, expire by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every fruit of falling to sin manifesting in my life, be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus
- Any secret sin in my life opening the doors of affliction, catch fire, in the name of Jesus
- Every syndrome of sin in my life, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, delivered me from the power of sinful desire, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, incubate my spirit man, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire by thunder, I release myself from the spirit of falling into sin, in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of sin and falling in my life, be broken by the blood of Jesus.
- Father, withdraw my steps from every wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of living righteously today but falling many times tomorrow, run out of my life in the name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, I shall not be a slave to sin anymore, in the name of Jesus
- Every satanic plan to paralyze my destiny through sins, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, baptise me with the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- Father release divine power upon my spirit being today, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I destroy every activity of the satanic kingdom over my spiritual life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any agreement of demonic prediction made against my future, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the wings and legs of every follow powers attaching themselves to me, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire by force, I separate and lose myself from every grid of falling into temptation, in the name of Jesus.
- Any ancestral powers assigned to cause falling and failure into my life, roast by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire by force, I break every stronghold of the enemy that causes my sinful desire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every remote controlling power, manipulating my life with unrighteousness, catch fire, in the name of Jesus
- I receive fresh fire to move forward in my spiritual life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father create in me the new heart of holiness in the name of Jesus.
- Every seat of sinful desire in my life, cast fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Be the blood of Jesus Christ, every seed of sin destroyed in my life, in the name of Jesus.