Deliverance from the spirit of laziness
By Dr D. Olukoya [MFM]
Bible Reading: Text: Proverbs 24:30-34; Proverbs 6:9-11; Proverbs 26:13-16
“I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
So shall thy poverty come as one that travelled; and thy want as an armed man.” Proverbs 24:30-34;
The spirit of laziness is the killer of hope and dreams. It causes indifference towards something important. It makes the victim believe that he has entitlement to all the blessings of this world while he contributes nothing. Beloved, it is bewitchment and putting on the shoes of procrastination. Laziness, at times, does not mean you are not doing something, but that you may not sincerely do what you ought to do, or fail to do what is to be done when it needs to be done.
Lazy people do not begin things. Sometimes, they will agree to do a thing only to put it off. Little by little, they surrender until it becomes total defeat.
Lazy people never get going. Procrastination is the child of laziness. People who never develop a sense of urgency about life drift from one action to another. Some people are too lazy to pray, read the Bible and witness. They do not face what they are supposed to face. They do not contribute much to other people’s lives. That is why it is a disaster in marriage when one partner is lazy. The whole family may lie in poverty because one party is too lazy.
The lazy man is always restless. He wants more but does not want to put in more. The lazy man is a useless person because he will not do what he is supposed to do. If you are lazy, God cannot use you in His plan. If you are lazy, you will continue to be a servant to others all your life.
A lazy man is an unbeliever. He has no faith. He would say, “Ah, this is wonderful but I won’t be able to do it.”
A lazy person would be poor. So, spiritual laziness is the number one factor that turns people to spectators in the arena of the battle of the serpent. When a person is spiritually lazy, he would have deep hatred for anything that would make him sit down and read the Bible or pray. He would have deep hatred for anything that would move his spiritual life forward. When a lazy man begins a spiritual exercise, all of a sudden, other things that he has left undone will begin to surface and call for his attention. When a lazy man engages in a spiritual exercise, whether Bible study or prayer, something inside him would ask him to stop.
The lazy man turns about on his bed but does not get out of it. And eventually, when he is out of that bed, he would wish to go back there. The lazy man would sleep at 10.00pm and still feel too lazy to get up at 7.00am. He would sleep half the day and waste the major part of the day watching television. He is too lazy to nourish even his own spiritual life. Spiritual laziness is a great sin of the modern man.
All forms of dryness in spiritual life can be blamed on laziness. Sometimes, poor attendance to church services is due to laziness. This is why you need to pray that the Lord should deliver you from anything that would sit you down in the arena of the battle of the serpents and make you a mere spectator.
STEPS TO COMBATING LAZINESS
- Recognize that laziness is a sin;
- Decide to come to terms with yourself and confront your laziness;
- Keep your zeal to a boiling point. Romans 12: Hebrews 6:12
- Counter laziness with fasting and prayers;
- Learn the principles of diligence and hard work;
- Understand the various levels of laziness;
- Learn the discipline of rising up early;
- Respect the passing of time;
- Be disciplined;
- Go for deliverance if necessary.
God bless you in the name of Jesus
- My Father, my Father, my Father, this is my life; rebrand me, in the name of Jesus;
- Power and activity of laziness in my life, die, in the name of Jesus; &
- I withdraw myself from the school of laziness, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Every transaction of darkness, assigned against my progress, die, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers assigned to rubbish my destiny, die, in the name of Jesus;
- Every power, jamming my prayers, die, in the name of Jesus;
- By the power of Your power O Lord; I shake down the seat of darkness, assigned against me, in the name of Jesus;
- Any satanic government over my finance, scatter, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers using the dust against me, I kill you now, in the name of Jesus;
- Every association of devourers and sorcerers, over my life, scatter, in the name of Jesus;
- I over-turn the tables of the enemies assigned against my life, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers, assigned to kidnap my spirit, I command you to die, in the name of Jesus;
- Oppression, hear the word of the Lord; I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus;
- Owners of evil load of infirmity, carry your load by fire, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers of the night, assigned against me, destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus;
- night, carry your terror and anger to the camp of the enemies, in the name of Jesus;
- Satanic powers, assigned against my help, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus;
- Wherever the enemy has knocked me down, I arise by fire, in the name of Jesus;
- My prayers, become storm and earthquake in the camp of my enemies, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers working against my spiritual growth, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus;
- Every blockage on my way to happiness, clear away, in the name of Jesus;
- Every sickness in my body, I command you to disappear, in the name of Jesus;
- Every spell and jinx over my life, break, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers blocking my elevation, die, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers blocking my well of breakthrough, I put you to shame, in the name of Jesus;
- Powers, conspiring against my promotion, I scatter you, in the name of Jesus;
- Beginning from today, my enemies shall destroy themselves, in the name of Jesus;
- Beginning from today, I decree confusion into the camp of the enemy, in the name of Jesus;
- Divine favour; overshadow my life by fire, in the name of Jesus;
- I plug my life into the power of divine acceleration, in the name of Jesus;
- Whether the devil likes it or not, he will be a loser in my life, in the name of Jesus;
- Thou camp of wicked elders, working against my moving forward, die, in the name of Jesus;
- I speak healing and breakthrough into every part of my life, in the name of Jesus.