BELIEVE AND POWER YOURSELF FOR GREATNESS
Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 14:6-15
“6 And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few.
7 And his armourbearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart.
8 Then said Jonathan, Behold, we will pass over unto these men, and we will discover ourselves unto them.
9 If they say thus unto us, Tarry until we come to you; then we will stand still in our place, and will not go up unto them.
10 But if they say thus, Come up unto us; then we will go up: for the LORD hath delivered them into our hand: and this shall be a sign unto us.
11 And both of them discovered themselves unto the garrison of the Philistines: and the Philistines said, Behold, the Hebrews come forth out of the holes where they had hid themselves.
12 And the men of the garrison answered Jonathan and his armourbearer, and said, Come up to us, and we will shew you a thing. And Jonathan said unto his armourbearer, Come up after me: for the LORD hath delivered them into the hand of Israel.
13 And Jonathan climbed up upon his hands and upon his feet, and his armourbearer after him: and they fell before Jonathan; and his armourbearer slew after him.
14 And that first slaughter, which Jonathan and his armourbearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were an half acre of land, which a yoke of oxen might plow.
15 And there was trembling in the host, in the field, and among all the people: the garrison, and the spoilers, they also trembled, and the earth quaked: so it was a very great trembling.”
One of the things that can make you great and overcome challenges ahead of you is to believe in yourself and your God. To believe in yourself simply means to see yourself as victorious, not as a victim. To believe in yourself is to believe in the dream you have dreamed about greatness ahead of you. To believe in yourself is to see everything around you as a tool to overcome every challenge around or before you. To believe in yourself means to see yourself triumph over every obstacle confronting you and your family.
Jonathan, the son of King Saul believe in himself that he can conquer the battle of Philistines that mocked the Israelite. He saw the Lord of Host go before them to the war – “And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few. And his armourbearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart. Then said Jonathan, Behold, we will pass over unto these men, and we will discover ourselves unto them.” 1 Samuel 14:6-9
Let us examine what these young men did:
These young men put God first in their mission. Remember, the Bible says, in everything seek God first. Matthew 6:33
Secondly, they believe in the power of God that He can do all things.
Thirdly, they have faith in God that He doesn’t work because of multitudes, but He works base on the people that have faith and a cordial relationship with Him wholeheartedly.
Fourthly, they acted base on their inner thoughts.
Fifthly, they did not allow the situation to wail them, and not allow their parents to hinder them to achieve their aim and goal.
Sixthly, they appeared to their enemies. They did not hide from them. Do you remember how many times you have hide from people? The Bible says, resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
Lastly, they believe in God, and also believe in themselves. Believe in yourself that you can do it through God that strengthens you. Your age is not a barrier, your illiterate is not a hindrance and your status or language is not a barrier to accomplish your vision, dream and goals.
Beloved, what are those challenges confronting you and your family or your destiny? If you can believe in yourself and your God that you can do it, surely you will overcome and triumph over such a situation.
Believe in the little gift that God deposited in you. Believe in the little wisdom that given to you from the above. The little strength you have is enough for you to climb the hill and be on the mountain top if only you humbly accept the supernatural power of God. You are NOT a failure if you have great GOD as your strength and as your HOPE.
Jonathan and his armour-bearer go up and fight the battle and they conquered. The only person that is available for you at any given point of time who can be your armour bearer is the HOLY SPIRIT.
“For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.” Luke 12:12
Remember You are NOT a failure until you surrender yourself to failure camp. If Jonathan and his armour bearer can overpower their enemies, you too will overcome your enemies. You are not alone, Jesus Christ is with you, and the Holy Ghost abides in you.
PRAYER FOR GREATNESS
- My God and my Lord, increase and expand my strength to do more in your service in the name of Jesus.
- Father, turn me and make me be an unquenchable fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father, baptise me with the power of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- I possess the mighty power of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, release the fire of the Holy Ghost to fall upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, empower my life to produce Your fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, empower me to be humble and patient, in the name of Jesus.
- I break every chain of negative thoughts within me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, baptize me with the Holy Spirit as you did to your disciples on the Day of Pentecost, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit enables me to make significant positive contributions to other people’s lives, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I receive the power of the Holy Spirit for greatness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I received the Holy Spirit to teach and guide me into all righteousness in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the fire of the Ghost fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Every mountain before my destiny and marriage is melt and turn to the ground in the name of Jesus.
- Father, empower me to subdue all forms and appearances of Goliath in my life in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, anoint me with the Holy Spirit to exercise my faith in a manner that will benefit your kingdom in the name of Jesus.
- Anointing to prosper and flourish in good and glorious ways, I received, in the name of Jesus.
- My marriage will be fruitful and prosper in Jesus name.
- Father, let the power of the Holy Spirit mortify all works of the flesh in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, let your divine Spirit strengthen me to bear good fruits that lead to your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
- In the capability of God’s power, I will reach my place of destiny in Jesus name.