PRAYER TO OVERCOME LABOURING IN VAIN
Deliverance Prayer Against Labouring in Vain
Bible Reading Luke 5:1-9
“1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down and taught the people out of the ship.
4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless, at thy word, I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they caught a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:”
Prayer to overcome labouring in vain is an essential prayer for everybody because no man or woman desires to work in vain or work without fruitfulness. This incident in Luke chapter five verses one to ten is a common passage that numerous preachers have used to preach or teach in different places. Peter and his colleagues by then were known as professional fishermen. They are dedicated and experts in their fishing career, but on this historical day, they tried their best and used the diver’s method but they caught nothing. Even Peter confessed that “…Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless, at thy word, I will let down the net.” Luke 5:5.
When it comes to the matter of prospering in our works or business and not work labour in vain, it is our Lord God knows the time and the things we need to do to prosper. Our Lord Jesus is not a time-waster. He is always on time to do the right things at any point in time. The time you spend in the presence of God or doing the things of God is not a waste time. It is a time to be rewarded at the right time.
Peter and his friends have labour in vain, and it is time for them to departed, but our Lord God who does not allow His children to labour in vain visits them without invited Him.
Jesus stepped into Peter’s boat to accomplished His mission, and Peter did not argue, but he allows Jesus to use it without wasting time. That’s how the children of God should behave and acts on the things of God. Anything in your possession should be release and make available for the Kingdom of God.
Secondly, Peter and his friends let go of their boats, but not themselves. The Bible makes it clear that they left their boats but washing their nets.
“And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.” Luke 5:2
Many Christians are like these fishermen (Peter, Andrew, James, and John), who let go of their boats and not themselves. They will send their children to the church while they are in the house playing cards, ludo, or watching films. They expecting God to use them in absentee or substitution. They are using their gifts to honor God while their hearts are far from God. Many choirs can sing to motivate people but they are not motivated by the Holy Spirit because their heart is not with God.
The Bible says, “these people honour me with their mouth but their heart is far away from me.” [Isaiah 29:13, Matthew 15:8].
It’s a pity that many people are dress like an angel when they are in the church, but they appear as a satanic agent outside the church. They only promote godliness in the church, but worldliness in their offices, workplace, etc. Who are you deceiving? You are deceiving yourself!
Peter and his colleagues were busy with their net, while Jesus was in their boat. Martha was busy in the kitchen while Jesus was ministering to Mary – Luke 10:40. Many women and men in the church today have turned the Sunday School class to the time of the meeting, while teaching is going on, many will busy with cooking and chatting with phones, etc. Where are you with Jesus? Where is your heart when you are in the church? Is Jesus in your boat?
Let me tell you these: one of the reasons why it seems that your prayers are not answered is because you are NOT available for Jesus at the right time. Jesus is always on time; it’s actually about you who are not available for Him. You have been labour in vain because of your attitudes and actions towards God and the people around you.
However, after Peter makes himself available for Jesus, he was told what to do that can lead to uncommon fruitfulness in his fishing career. “Now when he had left speaking, He [Jesus] said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.” Luke 5:4.
When Jesus instructed Peter were to launch his net, it is there that Peter caught numerous fishes that break his net. “And when they had this done, they caught a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.” Luke 5:6
Besides, Peter still thinking about his past failure despite the word of life spoken to him from the Great Provider. “And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing:” Luke 5:5.
There is no doubt that Peter was marveled at their failure to caught fish throughout the night. He is meditating on his expertise as well as his self-ability.
Beloved, the issue of prospering or be blessed in our businesses or work is not an issue of being a professional or expert, it is an issue in the hands of God in our works. Remember that, God knows and owns everything includes you, and it will be a fool attitude for you to left God behind in your doing. That’s you should allow God to be the number one in everything you do. If Peter did not release his boat for Jesus, he could have gone back home empty, and it could have been a bad day in the history of Peter’s career of fishing.
Dear Reader, I want you to understand this fact, all things can fail or disappoint you, but ONLY Jesus Christ will not and cannot fail or disappoint you. Don’t hope in your ability or gifts, don’t truth your certificate or anyone to sustaining you, and never believe to accomplish your dreams through self-effort or man-made power, ALL, I mean ALL will fail but ONLY JESUS CHRIST will not.
Release your heart to Jesus Christ now. Confess Him as your personal Lord and Saviour, confess your sins unto Him, and continued to follow, obey and serve Him. God needs you more than ANYTHING. Release your heart to Him.
Prayer Bombs To Overcome Labouring In Vain
- Father, I come back to you today, have mercy unto me, accept me as your son.
- I confess all my sins unto You o Lord, forgive me and wash away my sins, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, let me be useful for You today and forevermore, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, caused me to discovered my usefulness in your hand, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the yoke of labouring in vain, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, delivered me from the bondage of labouring in vain, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything that causes me to labour in vain, be uprooted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I possess the mighty power of God that breaks the yoke of profiles in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every chain of working in vain attached with my business, be broken by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, don’t allow my toiled to be in vain, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, every evil counselor speaking evil against me in my workplace, be remain silenced now, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the wisdom and knowledge needed to function in my career, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spiritual evil vehicle operation in my business, be scattered by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, guide and direct me to the right things that will make my business or work prosper, in the name of Jesus.
- Every roadblock that causes labouring in vain in my business or work, be roasted by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- My business, hear the word of God, arise and prospering in the name of Jesus.
- Father give me a humble heart to do your will all the time, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all demonic reverse gears installed to hinder my business success to be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- By the thunder of God, I destroyed every evil stone thrown against my business, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil hand assigned to torment my business and my labour be rendered impotent, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil arrow target against my business, back to the sender by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, let every demonic hand fighting my business be wither by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- I recovered of my lost fruits, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from the spirit of ups and downs, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of failure fueling backwardness into my business, die by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- All weapons and devices of the oppressors against my work/business, be destroyed by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every mark of labouring in vain in my life, be deleted by the blood of Jesus.
- Father, release divine uncommon fruitfulness into my business, in the name of Jesus.
- Every covenant of labouring in vain with my business, be broken the blood of Jesus.
- I cancel every activity of working in vain in my family, in the name of Jesus.
- By the fire of God, every evil imagination against my work and business, it’s destroyed from the source, in the name of Jesus.
- The teeth of the enemy biting my profits die, in the name of Jesus.
- All the destructive plans of the enemies aimed against my business, cast fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Any powers sponsoring evil decisions against my business, you are a liar cast fire and die, in the name of Jesus.