BREAKING COVENANT OF AFFLICTION
Bible Reading: Exodus 23:25-33
“25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfill.
27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.
28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land becomes desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.
30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.
31 And I will set thy bounds from the Red sea even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the desert unto the river: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand; and thou shalt drive them out before thee.
32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.
33 They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee.”
Breaking the covenant of affliction is our focus in this prayer bomb.
What is affliction?
According to a dictionary, affliction is a cause of persistent pain or distress, great suffering. Affliction can be in form of distress, torment, sorrow, trial, misery, adversity, hardship, tribulation, ordeal, disease, or sickness, agony, anguish, excruciation, and hurt.
Affliction is not a sin but, in many cases, it is the consequence or outcome of sin. When you sin, you can be afflicted. Moreover, the Holy Bible revealed that affliction and sin go hand-in-hand. Practically, everywhere that affliction has discoursed in the Bible, sin is mentioned as the cause. For instance, in Psalm 107:17, it’s stated that: “Some became fools through their rebellious ways and suffered affliction because of their iniquities.”
The Sin of a parent can result in the affliction of the whole family. Your present calamity can be the result of your past sins or wrongdoings. The sin of children can cause affliction to the parents, while the sin of a wife can lead to the affliction in the house.
Also, the Psalmist cried unto God “Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.” Psalm 25:16-18.
In the confession of Psalmist in the above scriptures, it is very clear that affliction is a result of sin or wrongdoings. At this juncture, kindly think very well, are you not the one who afflicted yourself through your evil actions and bad attitudes? Remember, in Deuteronomy 28:28, it’s stated that, “The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness, and confusion of mind” if you disobey Him.
Nevertheless, God does not permit affliction against His children to kill or destroy them, but to move them forward, to bring them to repentance, and to mature them in His perfect way of living. We are expecting to learn from afflicting so that we can enjoy the goodness and everything God has for us.
It’s a pity that many remain in their affliction despite the warning and experience they have because they did not learn and take steps to be free from it all [Isaiah 1:5].
The Bible affirmed that, if you refuse to listen and learn during afflictions, they will multiply. Leviticus 21:21.
Beloved, it is important to learn, repent your sins, and move on from your affliction, if you don’t want it to get worse, and worse and worse.
What can you do to be free from your affliction?
Repentance, prayer, and submission unto God are the major steps to be free from affliction.
“When thy people Israel be smitten down before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee, and shall turn again to thee, and confess thy name, and pray, and make supplication unto thee in this house:
Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which thou gavest unto their fathers.
When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou afflicts them:
Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, that thou teach them the good way wherein they should walk, and give rain upon thy land, which thou hast given to thy people for an inheritance.
If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, blasting, mildew, locust, or if there be caterpillar; if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities; whatsoever plague, whatsoever sickness there be;
What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house:
Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)” 1 Kings 8:33-39
Prayer to Break the Covenant of Affliction
- Father, I come unto you today, have mercy unto me and forgive all my sins, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I repent all my wrongdoings today, wash my sin with the precious blood of Jesus.
- Every covenant of affliction with my life, be broken by the blood of Jesus.
- Every chain of affliction joined me with my ancestor, be broken by the fire of Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- Any covenant of suffering attached with my marriage; I break it by the blood of JESUS.
- Any mark of affliction in my marriage, I commanded it to destroy by the blood of JESUS.
- Every witchcraft sending arrow of affliction into my marriage, die by thunder in the name of Jesus.
- By the power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I pull down the altar of affliction built against my life, in the name of Jesus.
- By the thunder of God, I pull down the stronghold of affliction in my family, in the name of Jesus.
- Every connection of evil covenant with my life and my marriage dies by fire in the name of Jesus.
- By the mighty name of Jesus, the coffin of affliction, hear the word of God, scatter by the thunder of God.
- By the blood of Jesus, I terminate and cancel any writing of the enemies against my name and family, in the name of Jesus.
- I declared destruction upon all the satanic altars in my father’s house in the name of Jesus.
- Every altar of affliction in my community, be consumed by the fire of God in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic altar around my territory, become broken by the thunder of God in the name of Jesus.
- All covenants of affliction link to my life by demonic altars, be broken by the blood and the thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- I decree and declare “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God delivers them out of them all” in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, I cast out every spirit of affliction sent against me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of affliction sent to me in the dream, be diverted back to the sender in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of affliction that is preventing my success and greatness, your time is over, die by the thunder of God in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse of affliction in my life, be broken and terminate by the blood of Jesus.
- Every work of witchcraft against my house that cause affliction die by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the thunder of fire appear in the camp of affliction in my house, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of witchcraft assigned to afflict my family, you are a liar, die by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, let the sword of wrath be against the priests and priestesses ministering on all satanic altar mounted against my life, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, I silence every voice of affliction from all satanic altars and high places in this community, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all curses brought about by ritual sacrifices and satanic tokens be revoked, in the name of Jesus.
- I paralyze the evil powers of idolatrous priests in my environment, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the stars, the sun, the moon, and the winds to begin to fight against the diviners and astrologers of affliction, in the name of Jesus.
- Every force of wickedness that is using affliction in my family, receives a slap of God in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I scattered every evil plan and agenda of affliction against my marriage, business, and job, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let Your divine judgment come upon the ancient and scornful men who rule over our environment by sorcery, satanic manipulation, and witchcraft, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, wipe away all the forces of affliction that are moving around our nation in the name of Jesus.
- I’m covered with the blood of Jesus; no evil will come my way in the name of Jesus.
- Every problem attached to my family name, be neutralized, in Jesus’ name.
- Every problem that stands as Pharaoh in my marriage, you are a liar, die by the wrath of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Any legal right of satanic harassment assigned to fight my destiny, break, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power searching the oracle to know my progress, die in Jesus name.
- All my family idols, receive the consuming fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- I release myself from any bondage present in my family line, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil pattern laid by my ancestors, breaks, in the name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, no enchantment shall hold me captive, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus, I break the pattern of darkness that locks me up, in the name of Jesus.
- I release my life from the yoke of my village, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall walk and live-in liberty, in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse that came to me through the sins of my ancestors, breaks, in Jesus’ name.
- Every ancestral transmission of affliction, break and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I and my family shall not be a victim of sudden death, in the name of Jesus.