Prayer of Mercy in the midst of Crisis
Bible Reading: Psalms 6:1-10
“1 To the chief Musician on Neginoth upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David.
O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
3 My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies’ sake.
5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
6 I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
7 Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
8 Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
10 Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.”
Prayer of mercy in the midst of crisis is an essential prayer that every Christian should offer. In the previous years, the especially year 2020, the crisis erupted the entire world in which COVID-19 took over every corner of the world and caused havoc, affliction, as well as economic hardship, millions of people, die in this crisis while several were isolated. With all these, God in His mercy protects us to witness another year and another week.
It is the mercy of God that provides for our needs, and guarantee our safety from the hands of evildoers in our journeys and doings. God’s mercy manifest during and amid the crisis that disallowed us from the injure or destruction.
In the Bible, the mercy of God fights for many people in the midst of a crisis which includes:
Joseph. Joseph is a man that obtained the mercy of God during the crisis. The mercy of God delivered him from the hands of his brother when they decided to kill him. After their planned to kill him, the mercy of God speak on his behalf and hew was sold as a slave instead of killing him.
“And when they saw him afar off, even before he came near unto them, they conspired against him to slay him. And they said one to another, Behold, this dreamer cometh. Come now, therefore, and let us slay him, and cast him into some pit, and we will say, Some evil beast hath devoured him: and we shall see what will become of his dreams. And Reuben heard it, and he delivered him out of their hands; and said, Let us not kill him…Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content. Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen, and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.” Genesis 37:18-28
Secondly, the mercy of God fights for Joseph during the crisis at Potiphar’s house. Genesis 39:2-4
“And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man, and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
And his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.” Genesis 39:2-4
Thirdly, Joseph obtained the mercy of God in the midst of a crisis at the prison. It is a crisis that took Joseph to prison. His boss’ wife lied against him, and he was sentenced to prison. There. The mercy of God manifests in the prison, and Joseph became a leader of the prisoners. Not only that, the mercy of God open door of divine upliftment for him, and he became the first prime minister in the strange land of Egypt.
“And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there were none of the men of the house there within.
And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out…
And Joseph’s master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.
But the LORD was with Joseph, and showed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph’s hand all the prisoners that were in the prison, and whatsoever they did there, he was the doer of it.
The keeper of the prison looked not to anything that was under his hand; because the LORD was with him, and that which he did, the LORD made it to prosper.” Genesis 39:11-23
The mercy of God in the midst of crisis is the backbone of the success of Joseph in his life. Both the family crisis, internal crisis, and external crisis, as well as crisis in the workplace, could not overcome Joseph. So also, the political crisis played by Potiphar’s wife couldn’t stop the vision of Joseph and God’s purpose upon his life. Instead, it took Joseph to the place of divine upliftment.
Finally, the mercy of God in the midst of crisis announced Joseph worldwide.
“And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his servants.
And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.” Genesis 41:37-44
Beloved, you are a candidate of the mercy of God in the midst of crisis. Don’t afraid of any crisis that you may face. Remember, Jesus Christ said:
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
We are in the generation when the crisis is the order of the day. The mercy of God is the vital thing you need to rule your world and overcome any crisis. It is a divine mantle that can sustain you throughout the year and years to come. The mercy of God in the midst of crisis is more than enough. It is a voice that the enemy cannot withstand anywhere anytime. When the mercy of God in the midst of crisis releases upon you, every yoke must be broken, the chain must be loose and disease must be healed.
However, become a candidate of the mercy of God in the midst of crisis started with your decision of making Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Therefore. Surrender your life unto Him now, so that He can bestow the mercy of God in the midst of crisis upon you. Mathew 11;28
Prayer Bombs of Mercy of God in the Midst of Crisis:
- Father, I thank you for this wonderful message, glory be to your name.
- Father, I come unto you today, have mercy unto me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, look down unto me, and release your unending mercy upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the mercy of God in the midst of crisis fight for me this year, in the name of Jesus.
- Every chain of sin in my life, be broken by the mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every seed of sin planted in my marriage, be uprooted by the mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- The door of divine upliftment, be open unto me with the mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, made me a candidate of the mercy of God in the midst of crisis, in the name of Jesus.
- Every human protocol that can hinder me to succeed in my career this year, the mercy of God scattered it, in the name of Jesus.
- Any agenda of kidnappers, destroyers and stealers against my life this, the mercy of God scattered it, in the name of Jesus.
- In all my journey this year, I’m protected by the mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- The mercy of God in the midst of crisis will lift me up from the pity of sorrow to the place of joy, in the name of Jesus.
- The mercy of God in the midst of crisis will lift me up from the pity of poverty to the place of abundance, in the name of Jesus.
- The mercy of God in the midst of crisis will lift me up from the pity of affliction, in the name of Jesus.
- The mercy of God in the midst of crisis will lift me up from zero to hero this year, in the name of Jesus.
- The mercy of God in the midst of crisis will lift my marriage up from the pity of barrenness to the place of the fruitfulness of children, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil plan against my life this year is terminated by the mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- In the midst of the committee that gathered against my matter, the mercy of God in the midst of crisis will fight for me, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil written against my life, marriage, or ministry, is cancelled by the mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- The level where my generation fails, the mercy of God will make me a success there, in the name of Jesus.
- The hand of the mercy of God will lift me up for great this year, in the name of Jesus.
- The mercy of God is our protection this year, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, in your mercy, stopped the spread of covid-19 this year, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your mercy restore all our lost glory, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your mercy open door of international business for me this year, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by your mercy, I will be a candidate of heaven at last, in the name of Jesus.