Bible Verses for Protection From Evil and Calamity
- Divine protection
- God’s protection
- How can I be protected from evil?
- Bible verses about the protection of God
Bible Reading: Psalm 91:1-16
“1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely, He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.” Psalm 91:1-16
Protection is one of the fundamental rights of every citizen. God the Creator of the heaven and earth has everything in His care to protect the lives and properties of every child of God. Being protected from any harm or attack is the provision of God for you at any time. However, you can only enjoy the protection of God when you are His son or daughter.
How can you become a child of God?
- Everyone that born again is a child of God. John 3:3-6, and lead by the Spirit of God – Romans 8:14
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” John 3:3-6
- Making God your Father – Isaiah 41:10.
- Living complete holy and righteous life – Leviticus 11:44-45, 1 Peter 1;15-16; 2:9
“For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.” Leviticus 11:44-45
- Abides in God – John 15:4-7
“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” John 15:4-7
- Let the Holy Spirit abide in you – John 14:16-18
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” John 14:16-18
- Study, obey and applying the following Bible Verses in your prayer for protection:
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.” 2 Timothy 4:18
- “But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- “The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.” Proverbs 19:23
- “A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.” Psalm 23:1-6
- “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17
- “My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.” 2 Samuel 22:3-4
- “To the choirmaster. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A Song. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
- “And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. …” Deuteronomy 28:1-14
- “A Song of Ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. …” Psalm 121:1-8
- “But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” 1 Timothy 5:8
- “Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12:19
- “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.” Psalm 138:7
- “To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. Be not silent, O God of my praise! For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me, speaking against me with lying tongues. They encircle me with words of hate, and attack me without cause. In return for my love they accuse me, but I give myself to prayer. So they reward me evil for good, and hatred for my love.” Psalm 109:1-5
- “A Miktam of David. Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.” Psalm 16:1
- “The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.” Psalm 121:8
- “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.” Proverbs 18:10
- “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
- “He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.” Psalm 62:2
- “Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” Luke 21:28
- “We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.” 1 John 5:18-19
- “You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance.” Psalm 32:7
- “And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, …” Exodus 20:1-26
- “So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6
- “The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Exodus 14:14
- “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
- “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
- “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.” Nahum 1:7
- “For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.” Malachi 3:6
- “The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.” Psalm 121:7-8
- “Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.” Proverbs 30:5
- “I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8
- “Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause.” Isaiah 1:17
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “Of David. Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;” Psalm 144:1
- “But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you.” Psalm 5:11
- “Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15
- “The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.” Psalm 34:22
- “This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” Psalm 18:30
- “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
- “To the choirmaster: according to Do Not Destroy. A Miktam of David, when he fled from Saul, in the cave. Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.” Psalm 57:1
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “The Lord protects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land; you do not give him up to the will of his enemies.” Psalm 41:2
- “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
- “But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.” Psalm 3:3
- “The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.” Psalm 121:7
- “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Matthew 6:13
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness.” Ephesians 6:10-18