Pray Bombs Against the Spirits of Perilous Times
Bible Reading: 2 Timothy 3:1-7
“1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” 2 Timothy 3:1-7
The most terrible things that millions of people including Christians that doesn’t take note of or having less concern about is the perilous times that mention in the above scriptures. That’s very close to the Second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a pity that the entire world is very close to an end, yet numerous people do not ready for it. We are in the last days to the coming of Jesus Christ for Him to take the saints home in heaven as He has promised in John 14:1-6.
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” John 14:1-3.
In the preparation for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Bible testify that there are terrible things that will be happening. Different attitudes that are evil, behaviours, actions, etc. that are ungodly will be happening. These evils that will happens make the time a perilous.
Although the view in these scriptures is not famine, or war or diseases or afflictions, etc. but the attitudes and behaviours of people – the wicked and depraved ways of humanity that lives on earth.
Our Prayer Bombs for today is focus on the effect of a spirit called “lovers of their own selves”.
What does mean to be “lovers of their own selves”?
It simply means people will be selfish, rather than serving others. Having personal interest in anything they do. In such, there are spirits that make person to selfish or only concern with own self.
Lovers of their own selves are spirits that only doing things for personal interest [self-interest]. They may be saying that they were not for their personal interest, but in their mind, it is for their own interest. When you are only concern with your own, but less concern with others, such spirit is manifest in you.
Characteristics of be lovers of their own selves:
- Only love themselves.
- They pretend as they love God and others, but their love to God, and Christ, and to the saints, being only in pretense, not in reality.
- Only do things is religious way. I called it “eye service.” They are doing things from a principle of self-love, and to selfish and mercenary ends; either to gain glory and applause from men, or to merit something for themselves at the hands of God.
- They don’t things to the glory of God, the honour and interest of Christ, and the good of others. But doing things to ascribe all they have and do to themselves, or to their industry.
- They are people that believe that their achievements are result of their efforts not see God as the owner of everything.
Effects of lovers of their own selves’ attitude:
- Converting another’s person properties as your own.
- Embezzlement of public money. Many leaders of today are embezzling the money that belong to their communities, state or nation for their personal uses.
- Lead to underdevelopment. Many nations or states or towns are not developed today because their leaders have attitudes of lovers of their own selves. Several marriages have not achieved positive things because of the person interest of the spouses. Instead for the wife to support the husband financially, her personal needs are the priority to her. They forget the word of God that commanded them to do things in unity.
- Killing and destroy lives and properties. People that having selfish interest they are people that do not care on how to become a leader in a particular place. They are ready to kill people just for them to get the position. They can destroy other’s properties just for them to possess the position they desire, etc. Remember Cain that killed his brother, and also Jacob stollen the birthright of his brother.
- Fraudulent and decisiveness’ acts. They are kinds of people that involve in fraud, rubbering, stealing, kidnapping, etc.
- It is a path way to eternal doom of hellfire – Galatians 5:19-21
How you can be free from the spirit of selfishness?
- Return to Jesus and confess all your sins to Him. Return to Him is the beginning of your born again. Your life that has being corrupted must be cleanse with the Blood of Jesus.
- Determine not to involve yourself in selfish act.
- Study the word of God daily and allow the word to enrich you.
- Learn to be contented with what you have.
- Always have it mind that there are consequences of doing evil – be selfish.
- Addicting in fervent and violent prayer against it all the times.
Pray Bombs Against the Spirits of Perilous Times
- My Father and my Lord, I confess all my sins unto You, have mercy unto me and was me clean with the precious Blood of Jesus.
- Father, help me to discover my real self in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every evil imagination of my heart be remove by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your mighty fire come upon me and destroy every spirit of selfishness, in the name of Jesus.
- The power in the Blood of Jesus, I refuse to co-operate with the spirit of selfishness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every force magnetizing the bad attitudes to me be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all forces of evil manipulating of my attitudes to be completely paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the name of Jesus, I destroy every forces of darkness that trigger to behave in selfish way.
- I break every chain of selfishness that caged me, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the name of Jesus, I’m set free from the bondage of selfishness.
- I break every association of selfishness that I have involved myself, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father and my Lord, disconnected me from the sources of selfishness that I have been hook, in the name of Jesus.
- I silence every force that is motivating me to be selfish in the name of Jesus.