PRAYERS TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD
The Voice of God
Significance of Hearing the Voice of God
The benefits of hearing the voice of God
The importance of hearing the voice of God
Why is it necessary to hear the voice of God?
How to hear the voice of God
Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 3:10-11
“And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.” 1 Samuel 3:10-11
We lived in the world where diverse voices are spoken day and night and the task of discerning and differentiating the voice of God from that of Satan has become a heavy burden in the life of some people.
From the quoted scripture we understood that God called Samuel severally before he could know that it was God calling him and not Eli his father.
In verse 4 of the same 1 Samuel 3, God called Samuel and he thought it was his father Eli that was calling he ran to Eli and said here I am you called, but Eli said I did not call you; lie down again and Samuel went and lay down.
Recognizing the voice of God has become a great challenge in the life of so many people, God has called so many people but they couldn’t discern whether it was God calling them or not and because of that they have missed out their destiny. Until and unless we receive the call of God in our life the struggles continue.
In the book of Genesis we understood how God called Abraham to leave his hometown and go to the land he will show him, Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great, and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran”. (Genesis 12:1-4)
Now if Abraham never understood that it was God speaking to him definitely, he would have missed out the voice of God as well as miss his destiny. For missing the voice of God is akin as missing your destiny. For everyone destiny is tied to the voice of God. Noah heard the voice of God and believed it and he was saved from the destruction plus his family, Genesis 6:13.
Those who have missed their destiny are those who missed the voice of God and unless we pick the voice of God and work in accordance life struggles continue.
John heard the voice of God and did accordingly, “The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight”. (Mark 1:3).
God spoke his voice to John and commanded him to prepare the way for the coming of Jesus Christ, “As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee,” (Mark1:2) and that is the reason why John started baptizing and preaching the gospel prior the coming of the messiah. When Jesus was coming out of the Jordan river where John got Him baptized God declared in His voice as seen below; “And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased,” (Mark 1:11).
Up till date those who shall be recognized that Jesus is the beloved Son of God as voiced out by God, the same shall be saved but for those who shall deny that it is not the voice of God the same shall be destroyed.
SIGNIFICANCE OF HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD
We cannot deny the saying that “Until and unless one hears the voice of God, he cannot attain destiny” simply because our destiny is tied to the voice of God, and until we hear or pick the voice of God life struggles continue
The following are the significance of hearing the voice of God;
- The voice of God guarantee safety; if Noah wouldn’t have taken the voice of God seriously when God spoke to him to construct an Ark him and his family would have perished. Genesis 6:13
- The voice of God birth breakthrough; The whole world recognizes Abraham as the father of the nation and that is why sometimes we sing a song ‘Abraham blessings are mine, I’m blessed in the day I’m blessed in the night Abraham blessings are mine” Before Abraham could lay hold on his blessing he heard the voice of God and dance in accordance. Genesis 12:1-4
- The voice of God brings honour and recognition; If God never voiced out that Jesus Christ is His beloved son in whom He is well pleased with so many people would have still had no honour, recognition to that blessed name. (Mark 1:11)
- The voice of God tells us what to do when to do and where to do. If God never spoke to John concerning John’s preparation of the way for the coming of Jesus Christ, it would have been a huge task for Jesus when he comes on matters such as baptism and preaching. Before the coming of Jesus God already instructed John to begin to preach the word of God to the people, baptizing them and as John Has already started it prior the coming Of Jesus people gave him attention because they have been cultured in that way
PRAYERS TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD
1) Father open my ear so I can hear your voice in the name of Jesus
2) Father give me a retentive memory so I can store your voice in me in the name of Jesus
3) Father destroy the dull spirit in me out in the name of Jesus
4) Father give me sharp wisdom to differentiate your voice and that of the devil in the name of Jesus
5) Father baptise me with the grace of hearing your voice in the name of Jesus
6) Father plant me in your vineyard so as not to miss hearing your voice in the name of Jesus
7) Father pour a fresh spirit of anointing on me in the name of Jesus
8) Father cast me not away from your presence in the name of Jesus
9) Father show me thy glory in the name of Jesus
10) Father show me thy power in the name of Jesus
11) Holy spirit I wait on you in the name of Jesus
12) Father give me the grace to focus on your voice in my name in the name of Jesus
13) You satanic voices trying to deceive me I release the fire of the Holy Ghost upon you, in the name of Jesus
14) I cover my ear with the precious blood of Jesus
15) My ear begins to hear the voice of God in the name of Jesus
16) I shutdown my ear from hearing a devilish voice in the name of Jesus.
17) My inner earing is open to the voice of God, in the name of Jesus.
18) Every evil voice cry against it me, I silent you by the blood of Jesus.
19) every voice of failure cry against my success, I silent you by the power in the Blood of Jesus.
20) Father, cause me to listen and follow you all the time, in the name of Jesus.
21) I break any anti-success against my spiritual life, in the name of Jesus.