THE POWER OF COURAGE
How to be courageous in the midst of storm
Prayer bombs for courage
Lives a courageous life
BIBLE READING: Joshua 1:5-7
“5 There shall not any man be able to stand before the all the days of thy life as I was with Moses, so will I be with thee: I will not fail thee; nor forsake thee.
6 but be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7 only be thou strong and very courageous that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law; Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:5-7
The word courage means the ability to do something dangerous, or to face pain or opposition, without showing fear.
In a broad lane, so many people dream, potentials and destiny has been buried in the grave for lack of courage. No wonder one man once quoted “the richest place on the earth is the graveyard”. For graveyard is where so many unused potentials are buried. Some had the courage from the onset but along the line they missed it out for fear of unknown or failure
For anyone who want to attain destiny or live a fulfill life must imbibe in been courageous, biblically speaking those who lost it are those who had the fearing spirit, they were not bold enough to face all pains so as to gain when due. For there is no sweat with sweet. Let see courage in the life of Joshua; Joshua chapter 1
there shall not any man be able to stand before the all the days of thy life as I was with Moses, so will I be with thee: I will not fail thee; nor forsake thee. v5
but be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. v6
only be thou strong and very courageous that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law; Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. V7
This is God himself talking to Joshua, admonishing him to be courage as Moses was. God told Joshua if he want to be successful or prosperous in life he should be courage. Judging from the above fact it is easy to say that those who are not courageous are those who are poor in life. They do not want to do anything in life. They are always wishing and hoping that good things should happen without proactivity. Brethren, we are no more in the era where manna used to come down directly from heaven. Jesus has given us all powers, power work hard, plan cum to harvest.
Christians must know that Christianity is a battlefield, if you do not fight your way out you will remain in the cage of the foes. Hear what the bible says below; and from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffered violence, and the violent take it by force (Mathew 11v12).
I think understanding the meaning of violence in this regard will help along way; violent in this regard entails involving or caused by physical force that is intended to hurt or kill. Now if those who succeeded in the kingdom of God got it by force or violent definitely the gentility shall loss it though. But I pray for God to release his sufficient grace of courage to us in the name of Jesus.
Courage pave way for popularity; for out of the twelve spies Moses sent to spy out the land of Canaan none was able to reach the destination apart from Joshua and Caleb (Numbers 13v3-17), and that is the reason why none of their name is giving populace.
As said in Mark 15:43; “Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking COURAGE, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.” Now the question is, was it only Joseph Arimathea that was where Jesus died? The reply is no but others around were afraid of going and demanding for the body of Jesus Christ. See courage in the life of apostle Paul; Act 28:15; and from there, when the brethren heard about us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forums and three Inns. When Paul saw them, he thanked God and took COURAGE.
Now concerning the temptations of our Lord Jesus Christ after he finished his 40 days and 40 nights fasting, the devil came enticing him yet Christ rebuffed the devil demands thereafter God sent his angels and they took hold of him. (Mathew ch4). Relating this in the life of believers, a lot of believers do not have the courage to stand firm in their trials, they are easy to give up out of fear. If Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego bow down to the worshiping of the golden image made by king Nebuchadnezzar they wouldn’t have been given so many accolades, eulogize talk less of been promoted by God (Daniel ch3)
WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT COURAGEOUS?
We cannot deny the factual that we are all created by God, both in his own image, saved by the same Jesus and the same grace. But why some people still do not have courage to do what they want to do; the following are the points;
- For we have not been given the spirit of fear, we are made bold and courageous in the kingdom of God. Romans 8v15. Nothing kill dreams fast or fade dreams into oblivion fast like fears. For what fear does in the life of one is to resist you from taking further step that will land you into the promised land. Shammua, Shaphat, Oshea, Palti, Gaddiel, Ammiel, Nahbi, Geuel, Sethur and Igal could not reach the land of Canaan where they were sent for spy mission for fear of unknow but Joshua and Caleb reached the land of Canaan. Numbers 13:5-16
- Experience of the past. A lot of people had diverse negative experience and when they are to take a new step relating to the former step they once took prior, they become tired thinking that hence the former one was not successful likewise this one will not be successful. That you fall in your first step does not mean you will still fall again or you should not try again. A popular is that” try try try again”. As said in Micah 7v8; “rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.” So, to say that there is no problem in falling but there is a problem in falling and not rising again.
- Familiar background: Some have the courage of making things happen but due to the background they are used they do not believe them too can do it. A lot of people has missed their potentials simply because they think hence their parents, elder brethren, pals and associates could not make it them too cannot make it. They believe that making is hierarchical in nature which is untrue. From the community of Nazareth, they recognized it as a poor and smallest community in Jerusalem that nothing good can come from it, but that is where our Savior Jesus Christ comes from.
- Lack of absolute faith: in the kingdom of God no one succeed without faith. No wonder, it is famously said that, “you are whatever you are by faith” and if our faith is what we are, it means faith is a driving force, a machine that can take us to our various places. (Romans 1v17, Galatians 3v11, Hebrew 10v38)
- Indolence: Laziness has killed people great potentials. Some have the ability but are not willing to do the needful. Some by virtue of either disability they now conclude their case that it cannot be well with them. Zacchaeus never allowed his stature to deterred him from seeing Christ, he maneuver to the point that he climbed a tree so as to see what Jesus was doing and when Jesus saw him sitting on the tree” he said, Zacchaeus this day salvation is come to your home” and Zacchaeus host Jesus in his home.
- Negative communication and bad companionship: The bible said that evil communications corrupt good manners. Disassociate yourself from those who are invariably speaking negative. Companionship entails those you walk along with. Dr Paul Enenche once said; “association determine acceleration”, in simple knowledge this is to say that who you follow determine what follows you. See Elisha and Eliza, Elisha contacted double portion of the anointing that Eliza carries because he was always walking together with him. See Jonadab and Amnon, Jonadab engineered Amnon his friend has sexual intercourse with his sister which Amnon did, which was abominable.
TIPS FOR MAINTAINING COURAGE
In the school of success, no one want to be a failure or be left out of the success moving train. Everybody want to be identified as a successful man or woman both in ministry, business, academics etc. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes to be successful, but I pray for God to give you and me the grace to be courageous in Jesus name. Remember God teaching to Joshua concerning prosperity, God said if only Joshua could be strong and courageous, then he can prosper. Joshua 1v7.
Pursuance to the above indications, below are the tips for sustaining courage to wit;
- Be born again. Being born again is the first step each and everyone need to take in the journey of life, especially those who want to attain destiny, or those who are desperate in need of God anointing. Nicodemus saw Jesus performing miracles and he thirsted for it and Jesus recommended born again for him. John 3:3, 5
- Daily study and meditate on the word of God. God so charged Joshua concerning daily studying and word meditation as shown below; this book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.(Joshua1v8). We can understand clearly here that prosperity and good success comes from reading the word of God and meditating on it frequently.
- Have faith in God. Hence the bible said the just shall live by faith, on the contrary those who are faithless cannot live a life of fulfilment. Speaking from the hall of faith, Hebrew 11:27-31 elaborated to us how the walls of Jericho fell down by the application of faith and so on forth. Now in Hebrew 11v32-33, the bible pointed out how Gideon, Barak, Samson, David, Samuel subdued God’s kingdom via their faith. Therefore, in the kingdom of God nothing is for a faithless people.
- Believe in yourself. Note all powers has been given to us to do all things. We have an unlimited destiny in Christ we are not limited in anyway. As apostle Paul would say; I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me. Philippians 4v13. Humanity need to come to the stage where they will discern that everything, we need to have what we need is within our reach. For it is only a fool who attempts to see opportunity in a foreign land
- Listen to motivational tapes, read motivational books and be ready to explore. In this 21st century where we are, there is nothing one is looking for that is not captured in books, CD tapes, kindly locate anyone suitable for you and begin to eat it raw. In Daniel 9v2; the bible said; “in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the year specified by the word of the Lord through Jeremiah the prophets, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.”
PRAYER BOMBS TO BOOST YOUR COURAGE
- Father show me mercy where ever I have failed you In the name of Jesus
- Father restore my courage back to me in the name of Jesus
- Father the grace to be courageous and bold release it upon my life in the name of Jesus
- Father wipe away every spirit of fear in me in the name of Jesus
- Father connect me to the company of people who are courageous in the name of Jesus
- Father make me bold and strong like a lion in the name of Jesus
- Father I want to rule my destiny do not leave me alone in the me of Jesus
- Father stay with me for without you I can do nothing in the name of Jesus
- Father teach me your ways in the name of Jesus
- Father lead me to thy part of righteousness in the name of Jesus
- Father cover my step with the precious blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus
- Father stay with me all through the days of my life in the name of Jesus
- Father I lean on you, do not forsake me in the name of Jesus
- Father uphold me with your true spirit in the name of Jesus
- Father give your angels in heaven charge over my life in he name of Jesus
- Father do not let me down the way others has gone in the name of Jesus
- Father crown all my efforts with a huge success in the name of Jesus
- Father undertake every of my weakness and strengthens me in the name of Jesus
- Father whatever that won’t let me go forward go down for my sake in the name of Jesus
- I cast out every spirit of procrastination in my life away in the name of Jesus
- Father I looked unto you for help, do not disappoint in the name of Jesus
- Father show me thy power in the name of Jesus
- Father all I need is, show me thy glory in the name of Jesus
- I shall not die but live to fulfil my days in the name of Jesus
- I release holy ghost fire to consume any agent of the devil battling against my life in the name of Jesus
- Abba father let the earth open up and swallow all the enemies of progress in my life in the name of Jesus
- Father thank you for being my father in the name of Jesus
- Father thank you for the salvation of my soul in the name of Jesus
- Father thank you for always answering my prayers in the name of Jesus
- Abba father thank you for granting my petitions in the name of Jesus